Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The usual bollocks

'Olivia Bailey, womens' officer for the NUS, said: "I am appalled that a university vice-chancellor should display such an astounding lack of respect for women.
"Regardless of whether this was an attempt at humour, it is completely unacceptable for someone in Terence Kealey's position to compare a lecture theatre to a lap dancing club, and I expect that many women studying at Buckingham University will be feeling extremely angry and insulted at these comments."'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8270475.stm

Doesn't matter what he ACTUALLY said, its what it kinda sorta if you are half-paying attention you think he MIGHT be saying that makes this COMPLETELY unnacceptable. Love that line '...I expect that many women studying at Buckingham University...'. I haven't bothered to call any and check, so I could be completely wrong, but I expect...

No comments: