Sunday, July 27, 2008

Do you suck as a blogger?

http://rsmccain.blogspot.com/2008/07/blogging-sucks-women-minorities-hardest.html

Rules for Good Blogging

1. Have at least half a brain and demonstrate that it actually functions by not writing egregiously stupid stuff.
2. At least 75 percent of your posts should have nothing to do with you or your life.
3. Don't post a picture or talk about your romantic life, your children or your pets.
4. Don't threaten to quit blogging every time anyone criticizes you.
5. Learn how to defend your positions with facts and logic instead of passive-aggressive parthian shots fired off as you run away.


Forget for one moment that these rules were written for women as part of the sex wars. These rules, if they mean anything at all, must be universal. So lets just see how my blogging compares to the golden standard-

Rule 1: Have half a brain and use it

This one I'd have to leave for others to judge


Rule 2: 25% or less of posts about me

Tick


Rule 3: No pets, no children, no girlfriends

Tick


Rule 4: Don't threaten to quit when you are criticized

Tick


Rule 5: Defend positions with facts and logic

I would like to think that all my opinions are fundamentally based on facts, but I'm happy for people to bring new facts to my attention. This quite often results in a change of opinion. I'm also happy to hear other peoples opinions, as long as they demonstrably meet the same criteria.

No comments: