Thursday, October 26, 2006

The real face of islam

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6086374.stm

Sheikh Taj el-Din al-Hilali said women who did not wear a hijab (head dress) were like "uncovered meat".


I am sick to my gut that men like this exist in our societies. I am sure many muslim men in Britain have voiced similar views to Shiekh Tojjer, and thought much worse.

Australia's most senior Muslim cleric has prompted an uproar by saying that some women are attracting sexual assault by the way they dress...
The cleric says his comments were taken out of context.


What IS the context for saying its womens fault they are raped if they don't wear a great big tent-like covering? Could that context be the 7th century A.D.? I think so. I, and many like me, will not sit around while barbarous cretins like Sheikh Taj Mahal take us back to the dark ages.

It is time for us to chuck these idiots back on the scrapheap from whence they came.

No comments: