'Investigators are still trying to establish a motive for the attack, Mr Grey said, despite interviews with more than 170 witnesses and victims.'
1. Yelled 'Allahu Akbar' whilst shooting American soldiers
2. Constantly prosyltised his Wahhabist Islam
3. Gave a lecture on Wahhabist Islam to his colleagues at Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington D.C. (much to their disgust).
4. Constantly got into arguments with servicemen and women about American crimes in Afghanistan and Iraq
5. Posted pro-Jihad and pro-suicide bombing statements on Islamic websites
6. Was about to be posted to Iraq
That is a mystery. Deep deep mystery. Oh well, close the case, move on please, nothing to see here.
In other news, British troops in Sangin say they can't understand why local Taliban are planting IED's to blow them up when they go out on patrol. One officer was reported as saying "We just can't figure it out. We don't know what their motivation is. I guess we can never really know. Its just one of those mystery things."