Sunday, January 04, 2009

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/harold-ambler/mr-gore-apology-accepted_b_154982.html [Hat tip: Instapundit]

'Mr. Gore has stated, regarding climate change, that "the science is in." Well, he is absolutely right about that, except for one tiny thing. It is the biggest whopper ever sold to the public in the history of humankind.'

For obsessive readers of this blog (I know who you are!) you may never have seen a link to the Huffington Post before. I don't think theres been one. But this is too good to miss. I had a taxi ride the other day where I debated the merits of anthropogenic global warming with a particularly interesting cabby. If only I'd read this first!

I don't know the science from a hole in the ground, but I'm pretty sure this guy knows what he is talking about. Certainly, this point I agree with most vociferously- 'To be told, as I have been, by Mr. Gore, again and again, that carbon dioxide is a grave threat to humankind is not just annoying, by the way, although it is that! To re-tool our economies in an effort to suppress carbon dioxide and its imaginary effect on climate, when other, graver problems exist is, simply put, wrong.' Indeed. In fact, you might say thats why we have science. As opposed to me putting on a blindfold and pointing at a ouija board.

No comments: